RKF advocates for the acquisition and protection of spectrum on behalf of clients both corporate and governmental around the world. These efforts occur at the national, regional, and global levels, culminating in the World Radio Conference (WRC), where the international rules for spectrum use are set.
RKF performs due diligence services on behalf of banks, and investors, and companies looking to raise capital. Typical areas of diligence include the following cases
RKF helps businesses acquire, evaluate, and protect their patents and other intellectual property (IP). We apply our expertise to cases involving patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, and licensing.
We provide a wide array of IP consultation services to our customers by:
- performing independent analyses of patent portfolios for investors looking for companies with promising technologies
- developing and executing IP strategies for companies seeking to bolster their portfolios.
- helping companies turn their research and technologies into valuable IP, determine how much it is worth, and how to register it for the best protection of their assets.
RKF works with both satellite and terrestrial communications systems operators, as well as airborne platform companies, who intend to provide service in foreign markets. We support our clients by:
- helping them acquire authorization to operate within a country of interest by applying for and obtaining landing rights
- representing them and providing advice on market access issues in the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Europe
- working with national regulatory authorities alongside them or on their behalf for market access
- negotiating market access requirements for them and helping to create legislation to allow clients to operate within the countries they wish to provide service in
Technical & Regulatory Studies
RKF conducts studies on technical and regulatory aspects of telecommunications networks and systems.